This term year 8 studied Weather and Climate. My expectations of a number of my students were exceeded in the study of this topic, they loved it. It was a pleasure to be able to give out these topical rewards to the unexpecting achievers. There were 6 in total and I had planned to give out two clouds to each year 8 class but progress was so good in Set 2 and Set 3 that I decided to give 3 to each of these classes, they truly deserved them.
They were really easy to make, here’s how.
All you need is
- cotton wool balls
- googly eyes
- super glue
- small packaging bags
- a printer
- Start by creating the packaging, I used canva.com to create the packaging labels.
- I then inserted the images into word and laid them out so they could be folded after printing.
- Print the labels, cut them out and fold carefully.
- Next shape your cotton wool balls to look like clouds, I tried to make each one individual.
- Using the super glue attach the googly eyes to give the cloud some character. Allow the glue to dry.
- Once the clouds are ready, pop them into your plastic packaging bags, fold the label over the top of the bag and staple in place.
- And you’re done! Now you just need to hand them out to deserving pupils.
Do you ever give out topical rewards? I’m trying to think of some for next term, year 7 are studying Natural Hazards in our Dangerous World topic and year 8 are studying Exploration and Adventure… oooo what about mini survival kits? hrm?