Up to date (I think) as of 24/11/2018
Workshops & Presentations
- From breakdown to recovery at PedagooHampshire 2018, 15th September 2018. More information here https://martynreah.wordpress.com/2018/02/10/pedagoohampshire18/
- From breakdown to recovery at TeachWell Fest, 30th June 2018. More information here https://www.teachwellfest.com/blog/come-and-see-me-victoria-hewett-mrshumanities
- Moving from Marking to Feedback at ResearchED Rugby 2018, 9th June 2018. Short clip from an interview on the day here https://twitter.com/rEDRugbyTV1/status/1005404840015560704
- #FeedbackNOTMarking at Southern Rocks 2018, 3rd February 2018.
- Moving from Feedback to Marking at Learning First Canterbury II, 27th January 2018. More information here https://beyondlevels.website/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/learning-first-programme.pdf
- Less is More – Strategies to Reduce Workload at Pedagoo Hampshire 2017, 16th September 2017. More information here https://martynreah.wordpress.com/2017/03/05/pedagoohampshire17/. My presentation can also be found here https://mrshumanities.com/2017/09/01/pedagoohampshire-presentation/
- The 3 Pillars of Effective Marking and Feedback at Leicester Teaching and Learning Summer Conference 2017, 24th June 2017
- Feedback NOT Marking at Cambridge Festival of Education, 1st July 2017. More information here https://www.cambsedfest.com/about
- The 3 Pillars of Effective Marking at #LEARNINGFIRST CANTERBURY, 28TH JANUARY 2017. More information here http://beyondlevels.website/learningfirst-canterbury-28th-january-2017/. Workshop resources.
- Less is More – Marking with a Purpose at Padagoo Hampshire 2016, 17th October 2016. More information here https://mrshumanities.com/2016/09/20/less-is-more-marking-with-a-purpose/
- Lead Organiser of TMGeographyIcons 2018, 23rd June 2018
- Interdisciplinary Learning across the Humanities at TMHistoryIcons 2018, 17th March 2018. Download the presentation here https://www.tmhistoryicons.co.uk/
- Key note speaker at TMBrownhills 2017, 18th November 2017
- Marking and Feedback in Humanities at TMHistoryIcons 2017, 1st April 2017 – Watch it here.
- 3 Pillars of Effective Marking and Feedback at TMRochdale, Thursday 16th February 2017 – Watch it here.
- Co-organised TMWealdGeog 2017, February 9th 2017
- Co-organised TMWealdGeog 2016, July 1st 2016
- Developing Independence in the Humanities Classroom at TMHistoryIcons 2016, 5th March 2016
- Staff wellbeing and its impact on the recruitment and retention crisis’ at the Festival of Education on 21 June, more information here https://www.educationsupportpartnership.org.uk/blogs/expert-panel-discuss-staff-wellbeing
- Why we Must Teach the Women’s Suffrage Movement, read it here https://www.teachwire.net/news/why-we-must-teach-womens-suffrage
- Workload Almost Made Me Quit Teaching – But I Changed Schools Instead in Teach Secondary, read it here https://www.teachwire.net/news/workload-almost-made-me-quit-teaching-but-i-changed-schools-instead
- Boost Teacher Mental Health and Wellbeing by Sending a Colleague a Buddy Box in Teach Primary, read it here https://www.teachwire.net/news/boost-teacher-mental-health-and-wellbeing-by-sending-a-colleague-a-buddy-box
- 3 Pillars of Effective Marking and Feedback in UKED Magazine December 2016, read it here https://ukedchat.com/2016/12/01/december-2016-uked-magazine/
- Directed Improvement and Reflection Time Sheets in UKED Magazine September 2015, read it here https://issuu.com/ukedchat/docs/uked_magazine_sep_2015
- Interviews with Teachers: Victoria Hewett for Pupil Progress, read it here www.pupil-progress.co.uk/blog/interviews-with-teachers/interviews-with-teachers-victoria-hewett
- Mrs Humanties talks wellbeing for the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families organisation, read it here https://www.annafreud.org/insights/blogs/2018/05/mrs-humanties-talks-wellbeing/
- Guest Blog: Five reasons to use Share… for SAM Learning, read it here https://www.samlearning.com/guest-blog-share/
- BBC Breakfast interview on Teacher Wellbeing, 21st October 2018
- New research highlights concern about teacher wellbeing over the summer break from the Education Support Partnership, read the press release here https://www.educationsupportpartnership.org.uk/about-us/press-centre/new-research-highlights-concern-about-teacher-wellbeing-over-summer-break
- Burned out: why are so many teachers quitting or off sick with stress? read the article here https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/may/13/teacher-burnout-shortages-recruitment-problems-budget-cuts
- ‘Why Become a Teacher?’ #KTChat – Conversation Highlights for Kent Teach, read the highlights of the twitter chat here https://www.kent-teach.com/Blog/post/2017/06/23/why-become-a-teacher-ktchat-conversation-highlights.aspx
- UK Blog Awards Education Finalist 2019
- UK Blog Awards Education Finalist 2018
- UK Blog Awards Education Finalist 2017
If you would like to get in contact in regard to Professional Development or Teacher Wellbeing, please feel free to fill in the form below.